Toys & Learning Case Study
Toys & Learning
Information About Company
Toys & Learning is the UK’s top online educational toys specialists. The retailer, which is based in Essex, specialises in providing customers with games, puzzles, puppets and learning-based children’s products and is a proud stockist of well-known toy brands such as a Schleich, Orchard and Great Gizmos.
The company approached SEO Positive in October 2011 with clear objectives and the intention to grow their business considerably. Having already experimented with Google’s paid search platform, Toys & Learning already had a great understanding of which products drive the revenue for their business and were seeking to promote these heavily with their SEO.
As well as wishing to generate more high quality traffic to the site, the team at Toys & Learning were also quick to stress that their company’s reputation will always remain at the forefront of everything they do, which is why they were searching for an SEO agency that would take the time to learn their business and work closely with their in-house marketing team to produce long-term results.
- To identify the search terms that will convert for the business
- To focus heavily on brand terms for maximum exposure
- To strengthen the usability and appeal of the homepage
- To cement the company’s reputation within their market
- To achieve top page positions for the majority of the chosen search terms within a 6 month time period
- To greatly increase the company’s turnover as a result of the SEO
- Carry out keyword research and assign best performing search terms to each individual page
- Optimise all main and sub-category pages on the site for maximum search engine compliancy
- Re-write copy and meta data for all home, main and sub-category pages
- Implement a strong link building campaign that covers all pages
- Review progress on a monthly basis and adjust the campaign where necessary to ensure maximum ROI possible
In less than three months, Toys & Learning experienced a huge boost in sales. The company received over double the amount of orders in comparison to the same time period in 2011 and attracted twice as many site visitors with the aid of the optimisation work carried out by SEO Positive.
Although the SEO campaign is still in its early stages, the company is proud to boast first-page positions for a huge number of their targeted search terms.