Pitney Bowes Case Study
Pitney Bowes Ltd
As seen in Click here to read the case study.
Information About Company
Pitney Bowes Limited is regarded as one of the nation’s chief suppliers of franking machines, copiers, binders and office supplies for businesses. Operating online since the turn of the 21st century, Pitney Bowes remain at the forefront of business communications and continue to provide innovative mailing solutions to organisations of all sizes and budgets.
The company felt that they weren’t achieving the desired ROI from their website or generating enough sales and so contacted SEO Positive for assistance in mid-2011.
Pitney Bowes’ previous PPC account had not installed the relevant conversion tracking script to monitor their Google Adwords performance. All targeted keywords had low quality scores and the 20% of all traffic reaching their PPC landing pages were’nt qualified clicks, so users were bouncing quickly and the wastage rate sat at around 30% of the total number of clicks.
No SEO work had been undertaken prior to our involvement, so SERPs were very low. Two of their most crucial search terms were not appearing within the top 100 positions in Google.co.uk.
- To develop a comprehensive integrated search campaign
- To minimise PPC click wastage and boost conversion rates simultaneously
- To increase the number of enquiries the company receives through the website
- To report to the company with progress documents on a monthly basis
- Review all search queries to date to gain an understanding of the history of the PPC campaign
- Re-structure the existing PPC account
- Create a negative keyword strategy for the Pay Per Click campaign
- Target competitive exact match search terms for the SEO for the best ROI
- Create quality backlinks from authoritative industry related websites
Pitney Bowes’ conversion rates increased from 3% to 9.5% in a five month period (the industry average is 5%). The next two months saw an increase from 9% to 11%. The campaign now encompasses a wider range of products, which has broadened the company’s reach considerably.
The company’s domain now enjoys first page positions within the organic search results for three of their most competitive search terms.