JR Willoughby Case Study
Information About Company
JR Willoughby is the nation’s leading supplier, designer and installer of bespoke conservatories and orangeries. A family-run business with an unrivalled reputation in the industry, this company’s main focus is on the quality of its designs and materials, offering seasoned advice and exceptional care to all customers.
The marketing team at JR Willoughby initially approached SEO Positive for search engine optimisation services in autumn 2010. As the company primarily uses its website to generate leads and enquiries and much of their services are seasonal, the team considered raising their profile within Google a high priority if they were to challenge their core competitors directly.
As JR Willoughby was unsatisfied with the level of service received from previous marketing agencies, the company was initially cautious about employing another agency to monitor their paid search campaigns.
However, once their SEO activities began to achieve fantastic results, JR Willoughby asked for a comprehensive PPC account audit in late 2011, and the in-house marketing team were inspired to invest in our Pay Per Click management services after speaking extensively with our consultants. JR Willoughby’s desire to explore the possibilities of integrated optimisation allowed SEO Positive’s team to sink its teeth into both campaigns simultaneously.
- To devise a clear integrated search strategy to maximise impact on the search engines
- To prove ROI
- To set up brand new PPC campaigns to replace older efforts that were underperforming
- To carry out website improvements to focus on improving the site’s overall conversion rate
- To improve the user’s overall experience of the site to encourage lead generation
- Devise an aggressive link building strategy
- Complement organic exposure with relevant, high-ranking PPC ads
- Seek to improve usability of the site by adjusting the layout of the template
- Shifting the focus from traffic levels to conversion rates to determine the real ROI
The company has secured first page positions for the majority of its targeted search terms and is enjoying record sales thanks to partnering with SEO Positive. Within 12 months, the number of enquiries generated from JR Willoughby’s website from natural SERPs had almost tripled, with the conversion rate increasing from 11% to a staggering 30%.
With regards to their PPC account, the number of generated leads has increased by 40% since we began working on the campaign. This has been achieved without increasing the company’s paid advertising budget. In a three month period, the click-through rate had already improved by 3%, which is having a noticeable impact on the overall performance of the site.
Generally, the traffic to JR Willoughby’s website is converting well and the company is now enjoying leads of a much higher quality thanks to SEO Positive’s search specialists.