Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: March 28, 2012 12:47 pm
The update in the Google algorithm made a lot of SEO companies and SEO consultants frantically searching for answers on how to recover the ranking which they lost during the said update. With all this hype and hoopla SEO companies might have overlooked one of the most important aspect of their SEO campaign, that is the client. The client is one of the most important ingredient in any business for without them there would be no business to start with. Therefore, despite the confusion it is important to ask what the client is thinking?
Why Should I Rank in Search Engines Anyway?
The question stated above might be one of the questions that your clients might be asking themselves. Obviously as an SEO expert you might already have explained this to your client prior to acquiring your services, however, it is important to take note that crisis such as de-ranking of the website will make the client second guess the viability of an SEO campaign in terms of increasing ROI in their business, especially so that SEO is not a tangible type of endeavour unlike food production or farming. SEO only depends on statistics or analytics and sometimes such could not even be fully grasped by some clients.
Revisiting Reasons For SEO
When you encounter such problem and clients are actually second-guessing their investments in SEO it would be best to revisit the reasons on the importance and contributions of search engine optimisation:
1. Increased Search Engine Ranking – a website will just be that, a website, if it does not create a vacuum that would get traffic or visitors to such website. One way on creating such vacuum is through an increased ranking in a search engine’s SERP.
2. Increased ROI – the return of investment is one of the most important reason why SEO is being implemented, at this juncture you have to present to your client the actual data prior to SEO and during SEO in order to show the difference and increase in ROI during the time when SEO or the websites ranking was increased.
It is imperative for every SEO company and SEO consultant to assure clients that their business will not go under just because of an algorithm change and the first step to such assurance is to remind them the very reason why client acquired SEO services from your company. This should be followed up however by an assurance that any loss in ranking will be regained and ROI restored if not increased.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 28, 2012 1:55 pm
1. Browse in private – every web browser has their own private browsing option, for some browsers it is the incognito mode. With private browsing your browser will not retain any data pertaining to searches, browsed websites, it would even remove the browser history in order to protect your privacy.
2. Deactivate your Google Web Data History – the Google web data history stores your searches and the websites that you have visited, this is different from your web browser history as the data is stored online. You can choose to deactivate this in order for Google not to gather cookies from your browser and that your searches may not be stored online. To disable the Web Data History login to your Google account and go to your Account Settings from there you could empty or choose to deactivate such feature.
3. Clear Your Browser History – of course we know that browsers can store data as to the different sites that you have visited including site cookies, passwords and usernames. To prevent “accidental” display of these data online you have to clear your browser history regularly. Make sure that you do this on a regular basis if you do not want your privacy to be exposed.
These steps would help you in making sure that your privacy is protected, in an extreme case of course you can choose to close your account with Google or not register with them at all, however, for users of Google they could attest to the fact that up to this point their privacy have been protected and we still believe that Google will not compromise the privacy of their bread and butter, the only time when users are compromised is when accounts are hacked by unscrupulous people. Whatever the privacy changes may be one thing is clear no company would like to injure or compromise the safety and security of its clients and in this case it would be Google’s millions of users.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 19, 2012 12:38 pm
With the need to incorporate fresh content into every website for the Search engines to recognise your website in terms of ranking. The incorporation of fresh content is especially being looked upon by Google because of their Panda Algorithm. Google Panda focuses on the quality of content in every website on top of that Google has also introduced Google freshness algorithm which focuses on the currency or freshness of the content incorporated in every website. Since freshness of content is also a ranking factor the need to incorporate new contents in your website on a regular basis is imperative. This incorporation of new content could only be achieved by creating a blog writing page for your website. Blogging allows you to incorporate fresh and informative content in your website thus satisfying the Google freshness ranking factor requirement. To make your blog page an effective ranking factor it should be able to acquire traffic and engage your potential audience, the following are some of the steps that SEO companies and SEO consultants are taking in order to increase traffic on their blog page.
- Develop Your Content To be Informative and Shareable – when writing your blog post think of topics that would give information to your readers, make your content to be valuable enough that people would look for such content. On top of that you should make your content to be worth sharing, remember; through social media your content could easily gain traffic through a share button.
- Blog Posts Should Be SEO Savvy – although you are writing a blog post where sometimes posts are opinionated, you should not forget that your goal is to gain traffic for your website, this is why it is still important to make your posts to be SEO-friendly, that is by incorporating as much as possible your targeted keywords.
- Use Social Media Networks to Share Your Blog Posts – social media networks such as Google +, Facebook and Twitters are great tools for your to gain traffic for your blog site, share every post in your blog via these social media networks in order to possibly gain more readers and that will help in increasing your blog traffic.
Blogs are becoming an essential part of every website, may it be a website for service or e-commerce fresh contents are actually required by search engines for your website to be ranked. To boost your ranking and traffic you should also focus your SEO and Social Media Strategies to your blog posts. Just remember that every blog posts must be unique and of high quality.