Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: June 23, 2012 2:17 pm
It is no secret that researching for the right keyword would be the very first step in any type of SEO campaign. Many SEO Companies and SEO consultants knows that every keyword entered by search engine users would allow SEO agents to identify the intentions of the searcher. By identifying the type of keyword entered by the search engine user, SEO companies and SEO consultant would be able to identify the intentions of the search engine user and may be able to correlate it with the different data gathered. From there SEO companies and SEO consultants would be able to devise new online marketing plan.
The Different Types of Keywords
1. Transactional – this type of keyword implies that the searcher or the person using the search engine is looking to acquire a specific transaction. Transaction may vary from purchasing an item online or downloading a specific file. Whatever may it be the user seeks to gain an item online, and an example of such keywords are preceded by the words “download”, “cheap”, “buy” followed by the item being searched for. Example would be “download free software”.
2. Navigation Keyword – this keyword is used by searchers whenever they want to search for specific brands like Google, Facebook or Microsoft among others. Specific brands are entered in the search engine query boxes by the search engine users in order to locate a specific website related to that brand. Businesses who have established brands of course would be benefitting from this keyword provided they have their own website.
3. Informational Keywords – this type of keyword on the other hand is used by search engine users to locate specific type of information. Usually the keywords or phrases are queries in nature. For example “what is a bee?”, “directory of SEO Companies in UK” among others. This is where longtail keyword use will be beneficial as there is a considerable amount of search engine users that are using informational type of keywords.
Conclusion on Types of Keywords
Keywords determine the type of campaign that your SEO Company or SEO Consultant would apply to your website. The type of keyword will indicate how the SEO campaign is going to be planned or drafted before implementation. Thus keyword research is imperative even before developing your content or building your links. This is why keyword research and the knowledge in the types of keywords is an important prerequisite before drafting the SEO Campaign plan.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: May 27, 2012 2:49 pm
From time to time there are some clients approaching us and asking if we could develop their website. Of course this is not a problem however sometimes we encounter clients who would express his or her disappointment with having a website, although all the specifications were followed there are some who would still express their disappointment not because of the web design or web development done but because of the fact that after their site has been set up there is little or no significant income that are coming from their website. The complaints are rooted on the fact that traffic is not coming in to their website thus no visitors and no return of investment.
Do You Need SEO?
This is when we explain that having a website is not enough; you should have a system in place where you could direct traffic to your website. There are several ways on how you could increase traffic to your website among these is search engine optimisation.
What is Search Engine Optimisation?
The basic idea of search engine optimisation is that it is to optimise a website using a keyword that will be used in order for the site to be indexed and ranked by the search engine. So why is it necessary to conduct an SEO campaign? This is because of the fact that majority of internet users are searching information via the different search engines, this means millions of people using the search engine worldwide. If your website is ranked in the first page of the search engine results page it is more likely that you will be getting a certain percentage of that traffic into your website where traffic would also mean revenue for your website.
Do I Really Need SEO?
So to go back to the question do you need SEO? Definitely, since search engine optimisation is the process that will come after web design. Picture this, after you build an establishment for your business you will need to make your business known to the public through advertisement. The principle is the same with search engine optimisation and other online marketing techniques.
Search engine optimisation is definitely a requirement if you want to drive traffic and revenue to your website. However, you have to understand that SEO involves so many techniques and such process is so dynamic since the different search engine algorithms are constantly being changed and updated. There are processes involved such as content development, link building among others. If you do not have the time to learn SEO then you have to acquire the services of a reliable SEO company or SEO consultant.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: April 16, 2012 2:12 am
Suspension of a website by the search engines is the worst thing that could happen to your SEO Campaign. This is what all SEO companies and SEO Consultants are trying to avoid because of the fact that it has a large impact on your websites revenue especially if majority of your traffic are coming from the different search engines. Unfortunately, suspension of a website will come without any warning, your site may be up today and may not be in the search engines tomorrow. This is because of the fact that search engines change their algorithms on a regular basis and implement such change or update without any warning. Thus the problem here would be that your site may have already been suspended and you even do not know it .
How Will I Determine Site Suspension?
There are several indicators if your site is suspended or not, and knowing such indicators will help you out in determining not only if your site is suspended but to take the proper course of action in order to get your website back on track.
The following as the indicators which could help you in determining the status of your website:
1. Sudden Drop in Search Engine Ranking – doing periodic check on your websites’ SERP is advisable this way you can see whether there is a drastic drop in your website’s search engine results page ranking or not. A sudden massive drop may mean that your site is suspended.
2. Loss of Page Ranking – if you are tracking the progress of your page ranking you might see a sudden loss of your page ranking on the next page rank update, this means that there is something wrong with your SEO campaign and ultimately your links.
Test for Suspended Website
Those mentioned above are just preliminary indicators that your site may have been suspended, if you encounter such then it may be time for you to start checking whether your site is indeed suspended or there is just a drop in your rankings. The following are some of the tests which you could do:
A. Locate your site in the search engine – for Google search engine you can use the syntax “site:www.yourwebsite.com” where you have to replace “www.yourwebsite.com” with your site’s actual URL, enter this data in the search query box of Google. Normally, if your site is not suspended you will be shown a list of links coming from your website. However, if your site is suspended you will get the message – “search did not match any documents”.
B. Use Webmasters Tool – it is not actually a test but rather an avenue for you to determine if your link building efforts or SEO Campaigns have caused the suspension of your website. This could be done by registering your website with the Google and Bing webmasters tools. Should your site be suspended by the search engine they will be diligent enough to inform you about such problems and might even give you tips on how you can remove your website from their suspension list.
Many SEO companies and SEO consultants are already scrambling to determine the links and contents that may cause suspension of certain websites especially so that Google have already announced that over optimised websites will also be subject for suspension, this is why it is important to gain the services of a reliable SEO Company or to only resort with the use of white hat SEO techniques. With the constant search engine algorithm updates it is important that creativity in your SEO campaign be incorporated whilst following or adhering to the search engines’ terms and conditions.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: April 12, 2012 2:01 pm
The update in Google’s algorithm shows that the search engine giant is strictly implementing their strategies in order to attain their goal of delivering relevant results to their search engine users. This constant update in the algorithm of Google indicates that not one SEO strategy is absolute, because what might be applicable this very moment might not be useful the next day. For SEO companies and SEO consultants, staying dynamic in terms of their strategies are the only way to assuring the strength of the rankings of their client’s website. This is why every SEO company must update their knowledge with regards to what works in SEO and what doesn’t work in search engine optimisation.
SEO Strategies that Fails
There are several manipulative SEO strategies that may have escaped the watchful eyes of Google and the other search engines however with the constant upgrade and change in their search engine algorithm one can be sure that such SEO strategies may catch their attention and would result to dire consequences in your search engine optimisation campaign. The following are some SEO strategies that may fail:
1. Excessive Text Links – text links are the use of keywords in an article or blog post where the keywords are used as links to connect with a web page may it be internal web page or external web page. Using keywords as links may not be detrimental to an SEO campaign if it is not done excessively, so one or two keyword links may be alright but to use all the keywords as links in an article would just outright spell “spam”.
2. Excessive Keywords – this may have already been considered by Google as a black hat technique but there are still some SEO campaigns that were able to get away with using too much keywords. With the new algorithm however keywords stuffing may be easily detected and websites immediately banned. So do not stuff your articles with keywords, rather use the keywords only when necessary or when relevant to the context of your sentences.
3. Link Building through Link Farms – link farming have become popular and have evolved in so many versions, it is thus very important to determine whether a website is a link farm or not. Further, it is important not to build your links using such link farms instead resort to building quality links for your website.
Some of those mentioned were both new and old strategies, some have already been regarded as black hat some still are functioning well with the current search engine algorithm. However, one thing is certain it is very important for you to build your content and your links, ultimately your SEO campaign with quality as the focus.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: March 29, 2012 2:10 pm
One of the most important aspects of search engine optimisation is on keyword research. Keywords are the driving force of your SEO campaign because every SEO campaign starts with knowing the right keywords which you will be targeting for your campaign.
Why is it Important to know the right keywords?
Knowing the right keywords to use as target for your SEO campaign will give your website a wider range of exposure. There are times when SEO companies or SEO consultants were able to increase the ranking of a website for particular sets of keywords however their traffic did not have any significant increase. This is because of the fact that the keywords that were used for such SEO Campaign does not yield a significant amount of traffic. Keywords have variable amount of traffic that it can direct to your website, this is because of the fact that keywords are used by search engine users in order to search for the information that they require. Keywords are said to be viable if it yield a lot of traffic, it is ideal if aside from yielding as lot of traffic it is also less competitive.
How Do I Look for the Right Keyword?
Choosing the right keyword is just like putting yourself in the shoes of the person using the search engine. Ask yourself, if I were the person searching what would be the keywords which I would use to locate the information that I need?
It would be best if you could list down at least five related search terms or keywords. After which it is time for you to determine whether the search terms that you have listed down are viable or not.
How to Determine if Keywords Are Viable?
There are several free tools that you can use in order to determine the viability of a keyword. The most popular keyword research tool is Google’s Adwords Keyword Tool. This keyword tool informs you on the estimated traffic or users searching using the keyword that you have listed. Anything above five thousand searches is a good source of traffic. The Google keyword tool also indicates whether the search term is competitive or not. If you intend to use Google’s keyword tool it would also be imperative that you utilise Google insights which will help you further analyse the keywords through the monthly or yearly number of traffic, the source country of the said traffic among other useful data.
To create a strong online presence targeting the right keyword is imperative, and to determine its viability it is important to know the total number of users using such keyword and the total number of competitors who are optimising their website using such keyword. The right choice of keywords is the right driving force for your SEO campaign.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 12, 2012 2:37 pm
One of the fatal mistakes that some SEO companies or SEO consultants commit is jumping right into their SEO campaign without properly planning such campaign. This is considered as a fatal mistake because of the fact that financial investments may have already been incorporated in the campaign only to find out later on that the campaign is ineffective, which means that there are finances and time that were wasted.
How Does One Plan an SEO Campaign?
The following are the different processes that you can do in order to properly organise or plan your SEO campaign:
1. Determine the Goal for Your Target Website – view your target website and outline the goals that you or your client would like to achieve in your SEO campaign. In line with this process you should also determine your target audience and market to give you a good idea on who you would be “talking” to when you develop the content for your website. Target locality should also be determined, are you marketing it within a specific country or are you going to promote your target website to the world?
2. Determine Your Website Structure – map out your website, determine the different pages that will be included in your target website and how you could develop your content to include your keywords in the specific web pages in your website. Colors of your website content should also be planned as it will be helpful in augmenting your content as colors could have an affinity with specific types of audiences.
3. Determine Your Target Search engine – with the presence of a myriad number of search engines, you have to determine which search engine would be targeted for your SEO campaign. Of course Google would be the obvious choice since this is the search engine that has the largest number of users of about sixty to seventy percent of internet users. However, if you are trying to promote your website to a specific country then you should determine which search engine is popular in such country. For instance, if you want to promote your target website in China then Baidu is a better choice than Google.
These three basic SEO planning strategy could help you to start your SEO campaign correctly and would help you decrease any margin of errors.
Posted by: SEO Positive
Posted on: April 22, 2009 9:13 pm
There are two possible ways for you to initiate your SEO campaign, one is to ask the help of an SEO company or an SEO consultant or you can opt to do Search Engine Optimisation by yourself. Of course there are advantages and disadvantages on both sides whether you do your own SEO or you let an SEO company or an SEO consultant do it for you. Doing your own SEO campaign might take lots of your time, effort and even money but knowing how to optimise your own website is a priceless factor that you cannot get from SEO companies. To widen our perspective with regards to doing your own SEO campaign we consider the following advantages:
1. SEO Control – doing your own SEO campaign will give you total control over your own website and on how you will go about with your SEO processes. Decisions will be dependent on you and thus what you want to do to your website will be entirely up to you, this is an advantage on the aspect that you will then know every corners of your Search Engine Optimisation Campaign and you will be free from manipulating and tweaking your whole website to make each web page well optimised for a particular search engine.
2. Learning Process – it has been said that experience is the best teacher and learning from your mistakes is the best lesson. In the field of Search Engine Optimisation such adage can be applied. This is because of the fact that SEO is a new technology and thus it is not taught in any academic institution, most techniques or strategies being applied in SEO is a collaboration of experiences by SEO practitioners, SEO companies or even by SEO consultants. Doing your own SEO campaign will be advantageous in such a manner that you learn from your mistakes and you learn what are applicable or useful from what are not. Thus, helping you to understand more the concepts and perhaps even the general knowledge on search engine algorithms.
3. Taking responsibility – doing your own Search Engine Optimisation campaign will place the responsibility solely upon your shoulders, this can be a good thing because this will now make you work hard and learn more for your SEO campaign. This will save you from wasting your time on blaming others because you only have yourself to blame which in effect gives the glory only to you when your campaign succeeds.
4. Cost Management – since you are managing your own SEO campaign you have the overall control on how you spend your money for the campaign. The only danger is if you are not the kind of person who is good in managing your own finances.
Posted by: SEO Positive
Posted on: March 31, 2009 3:16 pm
SEO is not like other jobs or work being performed by other people. You do not have any standard protocols a fact which, when taken positively, allow you to try on various SEO techniques and method. There will always be a place or room for improvement and this method allows the propagation in terms of creative thinking in implementing a campaign for search engine optimization. SEO, being a free-for-all web marketing solution, also has its share of dangers such as system being exposed and prone to attacks by spammers and hackers. Another is getting banned from the index list of the search engine, and this is our concern today as getting banned may be done intentionally and unintentionally. This is for those who are still starting out in their SEO campaign and are searching through the web for the answer to their questions. An ounce of prevention is better that a pound of cure, it is in this adage that we analyse the saying’s application to SEO.
There are sure fire ways to get your website banned by google, which snowball the effects to the different search engines. If it is not your intention to be banned by Google you have to observe or take notice of the different ways on how to get banned from Google.
1. Inserting Hidden Text – these texts are irrelevant to your website but nevertheless added and turned into hidden mode because it’s only reason is to increase the traffic in your website by deceiving the computer or the search engine that It contains relevant text while in fact the users are not able to view such text.
2. Abusing the “alt” attribute of the img tag – Another way of cheating your way to having an optimised website is by using and abusing the “alt” attribute of the image tag. The “alt” attributes’ purpose is to display an alternative text for an image if the latter is not or cannot be loaded properly onto the web browser. Therefore, “alt’s” main purpose is to guide the users as well as inform them, but because of this possibility of writing texts or phrases as the “alt” attributes’ value then instead of using the phrases that will help give information about the image, abusers uses keywords and key phrases related to optimizing the website. If detected by the search engine algorithms it will now ban the said website as this act is also tantamount to spamming.
3. Meta tag keyword abuse – whoever says putting a single keyword in the meta tag more than once will increase your websites’ ranking is actually mistaken. Stuffing your meta tag with multiples copies of a single keyword does not make sense but Google will penalize you for doing that by banning your website.
4. Title Tag Abuse – similar with keyword abuse in the meta tag, a single word is used more than once this time in the title tag. This method is also not helpful in your SEO campaign as it does not convey any optimisation procedures, instead doing this is just a waste of time causing no effect except of course of being banned in Googles’ index.
The mistakes that are commonly committed enumerated above will benefit first time SEO practitioners, as the old adage goes “knowing is already half of the battle won”.
Posted by: SEO Positive
Posted on: March 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Keywords are vital in your SEO campaign although it should be coupled with other processes. Since keywords have that degree of importance in your SEO campaign it would be imperative to learn how to optimise keyword use. Choosing the right keyword is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of keyword use, you have to take into consideration some factors in order to use these keywords at an optimal level. Knowing these factors or considerations will greatly augment your Search Engine Optimisation campaign.
The following are the factors or processes that you have to take into consideration in your pursuit of keyword optimisation.
You must maintain equilibrium in your keywords by choosing according to their popularity, relevance and competitiveness.
The following are the suggested combinations:
1.a. Keywords with High Competitiveness should be paired with keywords of High Relevance.
1.b. Keywords with High Popularity should be paired with Keywords of Lower Competition and Higher Relevance – this is considered to be the ideal equilibrium in a keyword.
1.c. Keywords with Low Popularity should be paired with High Relevance
Keyword Matching – You will have to create a landing page in order to achieve this. When you do create a landing page make sure that your keyword should match such landing page. What is the landing page for? Well a good landing page matched with a keyword will give convenience to your website visitor as it will direct them to a page where most of the queries in their mind will be answered by the landing page and will then in turn benefit your SEO campaign by possibly turning it into a conversion. Just some point to remember when you create the landing page, since you want your customer to be landing on a one stop shop of information about your website make sure that the information contained in the landing page is relevant or related to the search term.
Keyword Combination – the purpose of doing this is to get double benefits in your SEO efforts by combining two popular search terms or keywords into one key phrase, also it will have the possibility of doubling up on the relevance of your keyword to your site by including your businesses geographical location. For example if SEO is a popular term and Company is also another popular term you can combine them into SEO company if you are an Search Engine Optimisation company, in addition you can also include your location like for example the keyword “Florist” and you are running your business in London so combine them into a key phrase of “Florist in London”.
Of course we have to understand that it is not only in keywords that we should place our SEO efforts but observing these steps will be a good start in your SEO campaign.