Posted by: Evaldas Balcius
Posted on: July 25, 2012 10:27 am
If you are using Google Adwords and Google Analytics pre-set reporting features to produce the KPI reports, you may find that there is no an easy way how to show all the Pay per Click and other website stats (such as clicks, costs, ctr, cpc, conversions, CPA, avg. visit duration, bounce rate, etc.) in a single report. This tutorial will guide you through the creation of combined Google Analytics and Google Adwords stats using “Custom Reporting” and Google Analytics Filters.
The following examples will demonstrate what type of reports you can generate using a mix of custom reporting and Google Analytis filters’ features.
*Please be aware these reports are just the examples of what you can do with custom reporting.
Examples of “Custom Reports” for Google Adwords traffic
1. An example of a custom report for lead generation website reporting the KPIs such as clicks, cost, CTR, CPC, leads, cost per lead, conversion rate, avg. site duration, bounce rate and pages/visit.
2. An example of a custom report for ecommerce site website reporting the KPIs such as visits, impressions, clicks, cost, CTR, CPC, Revenue and ROI
How to configure Google Analytics in order to produce combined PPC reports
1. Create new analytics profile. Login to your Google Analytics account you want to report and create a new profile (Admin – > “+New Profile”). Set an appropiate name for that report like domainname.com – PPC reporting.
2. Set a filter to include Google Adwords traffic. Stay in the admin area and select the profile you have just created. Click on the “Filters” tab and create two new filters (the first one for CPC medium and a second for Google source).
Filter for CPC medium
Filter for Google source
3. Link Google Adwords and Analytics accounts. Link the Analytics profile with Google Adwords account to want to report. You can do it by clicking on the “Profile Setting” tab, then going to the “Adwords Cost Source Settings” section and ticking the box on the adwords account you want to link. (You must have the administrator rights for Adwords account you want to link)
4. Set goals. Configure Google Analytics goals. More info about setting GA goals can be found here
5. Create custom reports. Click on “Custom Reporting” button, which is located in the top menu and create new custom report. Then you will a see window where you can design you own report with the metrics you want report. It is all done, you just need to configure all the parameters and metrics.
The image below is the design view of the first example.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: January 23, 2012 4:05 pm
Social Media is a great way to brand your business, bring in new customers and so on. However the one problem with social media is that is really difficult to measure, unless you have the right procedures or reporting software in place.
Step By Step
Using a process to record progress is extremely time consuming. There are many different factors that must be measured and for a really helpful report on your campaign, stats should be measured daily to see what works, and what doesn’t.
The more networks that your business is on, the more time you have to devote to making notes of new stats and so on. So by not using a reporting suite, you’re wasting time measuring your profile’s success and not helping it to succeed.
Choosing A Reporting Suite
There are tonnes of social media tools to help you measure your social media campaign, so how do you find out which is the best? Many of the suites offer free trials, so assign your social media profiles to the systems, and give them time to sync with stats. This can take a few days with networks like Twitter, but Facebook should sync automatically, this is because Facebook has it’s own insights available.
It is important to take note of the networks that the reporting software in question supports. If it is limited to Twitter and Facebook, it is likely that a tool that supports many others, such as Digg and Google Plus, would be much better for the present and future if your company is thinking about going from Facebook management, or even Twitter management to social bookmarking and many others.
The general layout differentiates between the suites and will appeal to some people’s tastes more than others. So it is just a case of testing the networks and seeing which is best for the job.
The only way to find out what is best is to try before you buy. Chances are that you will only be using one, and the prices that are charged, it is well worth making sure you are 100% happy with the services that are provided.
Whether you are using social media as an SEO company, or you are in the retail industry, it is important to be able to measure your social media activities precisely and accurately.