Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: October 2, 2012 6:52 pm
The future is going mobile, so as they say. We have seen a lot of changes in technology and the way we access the internet. When the wi-fi came out mobile has started to flourish, in fact it is predicted that many more people will be doing their transactions online using their mobile devices such as a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop. This increase in the mobile industry of course has prompted a lot of tech based business to create applications for the different mobile devices. The two main players in the mobile business, Google and Apple has given developers an avenue to monetise their applications. This created the immense enthusiasm for developers to create a lot of applications which they could sell online or monetise it through incorporating advertisements.
Why Mobile SEO?
There are a lot of application developers who have developed apps that may have similar function with another application. An example is a radio tuner application where there are hundreds of different versions developed by different developers. The question is how do you make your application a lot more visible than the other apps that fall in the same category as yours? This can be done through a process known as mobile SEO, this is the mobile version of search engine optimisation. This is basically done in order to increase visibility of your application whenever a potential clients searches for an application or website using his or her mobile device.
Recommendations for Mobile SEO
Of course you might have a particular website where you place you applications and when you do this it is important that you make your website using HTML. Now it is recommended that the HTML desktop version must be the same as that of your mobile version, then utilise Cascading Stylesheets to make your website mobile friendly.
Second recommendation, when it comes to applications makes sure that you deliver quality apps. This is for purposes of gaining real application reviews. Gaining a lot of reviews and five stars will definitely give your app a better ranking and it will immediately convince your potential user to download and use such application.
In conclusion, mobile SEO does not only pertain to the optimisation of the applications but also the optimisation of websites. Since websites could be viewed using mobile devices it is important to make such website compatible with the different kinds of mobile devices, this is why it pays to have to learn the latest in mobile web development.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: August 6, 2012 3:03 pm
According to the recent study there are more Android devices that are being manufactured rather than the number of babies. We of course could not verify if the data is absolutely true but one thing is for sure, mobile devices are here and they are going to stay. Mobile devices are said to be increasing in number in terms of sales, with the emergence of new smartphones as well as new tablets one can really fathom the increase in mobile device use for browsing the internet. Soon enough full scale transaction via mobile applications will follow if not already started. For every SEO company and SEO consultant they know that this is an opportunity for them to increase website sales by way of conducting Mobile SEO in their website.
What is Mobile SEO?
Although mobile SEO is practically the same as that of the current search engine optimisation, like building links and developing contents they are only different in such a manner that mobile SEO focuses more on improving user experience for mobile devices. Although links and content development are considered by many as the cornerstone of search engine optimisation, mobile SEO tends to focus more in improving user experience which means that ranking factors would weigh heavily on how user experience is improved. This is a challenge to many SEO companies and SEO consultants because this way they have to make sure that their websites do not only show properly in desktops and laptops but rather it should display properly across the various screen sizes of mobile devices.
Things to Do For Mobile SEO
The following are some tips which you can do in order to improve user experience and conduct proper mobile SEO as well:
1. Develop For Fast Loading Time – one of the ranking factors not only for mobile SEO but also for the usual SEO is the fact that your website must load faster. Since you are designing your website for mobile you have to make sure that your site loads fast where you do not have to keep your visitors waiting, because a slow loading time will just make your visitors to easily click away from your website.
2. Simple Navigation is Important – navigating a website using mobile devices is difficult especially if there are several sub-links in every link in your menu bar, sometimes these sub-links are not displayed properly, in order to avoid this problem make sure that you design your site according to simplicity when I come to your website navigation. Simple navigation would increase site performance, speed and usability.
3. Make your Site Thumb Friendly – navigation must be compatible with touch technology, many users tends to get annoyed whenever they miss clicking the link they want to click because of a small user interface in the website. Make sure your links are large enough to accommodate touch functionality.
4. Make your site Visible – since there are various screen sizes for every mobile device it is important that you design your site in such a manner that the site is going to be displayed properly on every screen, that is every text and images are clear and readable for the user.
With the increase in the number of people using Android Smartphones it is clear that you have to make sure that your website will be displayed across all mobile platforms. Mobile is the future and it is actually happening now.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: April 26, 2012 2:36 pm
The world of search engine optimisation is fast changing; this is because of the fact that technology, particularly internet technology, is also evolving at a rapid rate. Few years ago, search engines are only confined within the reach of internet users utilising their desktops and laptops. Today, the web have gone mobile thus the search engines are also now accessible through mobile devices. Searching through Desktop and searching through mobile devices has its differences in terms of search results for a single keyword, which means that the mobile search result may give a higher or a lower ranking for a particular website based on a certain keyword.
Why is there a difference in Search Results?
The reason why there are differences in search results is the fact that the algorithm in Mobile search has a slight variation from that of a desktop search. Therefore, there are also different approaches in terms of search engine optimisation, hence the term mobile SEO.
What are the Differences in Mobile Search with Desktop Search?
As stated above there are several differences with regards to mobile search as compared with the conventional search through desktop and laptop computers, these differences alters the result in the search engine results page of a mobile search engine as compared to that of the desktop search engine and these are because of the following:
1. Smartphones have differences in Operating System – Android OS and iOS are the most common operating system for mobile, the difference lies in the applications used to browse the internet and the search engines, for android users, the fact that there is a need to login to their android or google account means that the user will have to do the search query while logged on to Google, which means that the search engine ranking will be influenced by the users’ personalised search rather than the actual search results.
2. Local results are favoured in Mobile Search – mobile applications installed in smartphones sometimes requires the tracking of the person or smartphones’ current geographical position, once this feature is activated the search engines will return results in their search engine results page favouring sites that are within or proximate to your location.
3. Mobile Algorithm – as announced by the different search engine companies they have provided a different search engine algorithm for mobile, basically such algorithm is a combination of both the desktop algorithm with the different mobile search algorithm.
Mobile search results and its algorithm is indeed different from that of the desktop version of the search engine. It is no wonder why there are several differences in terms of search results between mobile and desktop search. This is why SEO companies and SEO consultants must also take into account the fact that Mobile SEO should be incorporated in their SEO campaign as we know it mobile is becoming the most popular technology worldwide.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: March 11, 2012 7:09 am
The popularity of the different Smartphones ballooned or increased exponentially in recent years. One factor that may have contributed to this popularity is the fact that with smartphones people could not just call or send small messages but also browse the internet and practically do all the basic functionalities that a personal computer could do. In addition to that there is also an increased in the introduction of tablet pc’s in the market. This increase in the production of smartphones was led by Apple in their introduction of the iPhone and the iPad where soon other companies followed like Samsung when they introduced their Galaxy Tap and Galaxy Note, the point is that many companies have seen the potential or the market viability of these devices that they keep on improving it. As a result of this a new breed of software applications were also developed in order to cater to the specifications of the hardware that such devices can accommodate. Again the new type of application was made available by Apple through the App Store and Google through their Android Market, soon the development of application became public that any developer could sell their application through the Android Market and the App Store.
Where Does Mobile SEO Come In?
It is because of the fact that many developers would like to have their applications uploaded and sold to the online mobile community that the mobile application business is becoming competitive. You might have noticed that there are several versions of an application that was developed to have the same functionality only that the applications were developed by two different persons or companies. This competition is where Mobile SEO would be advantageous this is because of the fact that during an upload to an App store of a mobile application there are several SEO avenues where you can integrate your SEO strategies in order to make your application be classified under the most relevant category.
What are the Mobile SEO Avenues available?
The Avenues available for mobile seo in the apps store is similar with that of a normal website, it offers the incorporation of keywords, the apps content are crawled and indexed on a regular basis, it also depends on the incorporation of content keywords as well as links. However, since applications themselves are not crawled it relies on the text content that you incorporate with the application that you have uploaded, this means that one available avenue for your to conduct your mobile SEO campaign is the description of your application, thus it is important that you describe your application extensively and it is also important to incorporate your keywords in your description.
Another avenue would be the title of your application, since this is a text indicating the title it would be best to again use your main keyword for the title, just make sure that your main keyword would be relevant with your application.
What about linking?
If you have considered to develop several applications or have decided into going to the Apps business then it would be best for you to develop your own website, as there might be instances where the Apps Store may indicate the link to your website, but of course this may be on a case to case basis.
The revolution happening in the world of mobile industry is indeed another area for SEO companies and SEO consultants to dwell on as it proves to be another viable arena for online marketing. Thus, if you plan on selling applications online do a little mobile SEO and you would be surprised as to the increase in your application downloads and purchases.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 14, 2012 2:05 pm
With the emergence of various mobile phones or nowadays called as smartphones, people are now finding the use for such device in order to browse the internet. There are millions of smartphone users worldwide and synonymously there are millions of internet users browsing via their smartphones, for search engine optimisation companies or online marketing companies this mean millions of potential traffic and clients. This is the reason why mobile SEO emerged as an offshoot of search engine optimisation.
Mobile SEO emerged because of the fact that search engine companies have incorporated a different algorithm in terms of mobile search as compared to a normal computer internet search. To take advantage of mobile SEO the following are some of the products or mobile features that may have an effect in online marketing.
1. Make your site mobile compatible – websites especially those that have been developed with wordpress could easily be turned into a mobile compatible website through the incorporation of different plugins. We should remember that website loading speed is one of Google’s ranking factors and if the website is mobile compatible its loading time would be faster in a smartphone.
2. Watch out for QR Codes – these pixelated codes are slowly gaining popularity among mobile users as its code could be incorporated with a website URL. The QR codes could be the smartphones way of linking to a particular website, a potential feature for every online marketer to link their target website for mobile phone users.
3. Optimise Website for Maps and Local Search – since most mobile users are utilising their smartphones to locate businesses within their locality, it would be a good idea to optimise your website for local search in order to make your website visible in a local search engine results page, increasing the potential number of visitors for your website.
Mobile internet is indeed gaining ground in terms of being a potential market for online businesses, this is why Mobile SEO should be among the primary considerations for SEO companies and SEO consultants to form part of their SEO campaigns.