Posted by: Evaldas Balcius
Posted on: June 20, 2012 1:10 pm
In this tutorial I’ll guide through the setup process of Google Analytics email reports. Please be aware that this Google Analytics tool is still in beta testing, and the functionality may change overtime. “Email Reports” tool allows you to send the reports for multiple email addresses and be scheduled to send on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Reports can be send in various formats such as . CSV, .TSV, .TSV for Excel and .PDF.
How to Start
1. Select the analytics report you want to send and click on the “Email”, which can be found on the top below the name of actual report.
2. Provide the email address where do the emails have to be send. If you to send to the multiple recipients, just separate email address with commas.
3. Fill the subject field.
4. Select the type of file you attach to the report. You can select from CSV, TSV, TSV for Excel or PDF.
5. Select how frequency of email report. Few options available, such as: Once, weekly, monthly or even quarterly
6. Specify on which days your report has to be send. you can select the day of the week, day of the month
7. In the advanced options you can set the duration of reporting.
8. Please provide the message you want to be used in the email.
How to make changes
If you want make any changes for your report you have already scheduled, you have to go to the admin panel of you Google Analytics account, by clicking on the “Admin” link which can be found on the top right. Click on the “Profiles” tab and go to the “Assets”. At the bottom of the page you may see a link to “Scheduled Emails”.
Click on the report you want to make changes to. Please be aware that it won’t allow to make changes for the type of attachment and attached report. Also you can extend the lifetime of the report or even delete it.