Posted by: Stacey Cosens
Posted on: November 28, 2012 3:24 pm
Those that are aware of the growing importance of content marketing will be aware that investing in a blog for your business is one of the easiest ways to achieve this and provide fresh exciting quality content to benefit your search marketing.
But figuring out how to best use your blog can be a challenge as well as coming up with new topics to write about to ensure it is kept regularly updated. Here are my top tips for coming up with new blog topics and keeping it fresh and interesting:
- Invite guest bloggers to contribute – this will add some variation and fresh insight to your blog. A guest blogger will be able to provide varied views on issues relating to your industry and could even cover a topic that never even crossed your mind. You could even invite well known industry experts to contribute or offer exclusive comments and advice.
- Relate your blog to current events and topics to remain as relevant as possible. If something is of the moment it is more likely to picked up people searching for that particular term and will help drive more attention and traffic to your website. Read through news websites and Google News key words relating to your industry.
- Write a profile or special feature on one particular topic so you leave other areas to cover in future blogs. If you’re a retail industry, focus on one particular product per week or find a common theme for a range of products. You could even compile lists based on their suitability for certain people or projects. If you offer a service, think of a certain area you could concentrate on and go into detail.
Blogging should not be underestimated; a study of 1531 businesses by Hubspot found that company websites that had blogs received 55% more visitors than those who didn’t as well as 97% more inbound links.
Posted by: Hannah
Posted on: October 19, 2012 9:19 am
SEO Positive understands the importance of optimising your content and ensuring you appear high on Google rankings. There are certain ways to increase the optimisation levels of your copy and this tutorial explores how.
- Add a Meta description – this part appears as a summary on Google rankings. It should be a snippet no more than 150 characters including spaces and should sell the website. It must contain some keywords and be concise and interesting.
- Make sure every Meta description is unique – every blog post should have a unique Meta description about what the certain post is about. This increases SEO presence and alerts Google to new and unique material, which the search engine favours.
- Add non follow links by customising Robot.txt files – for pages that may appear as duplicates non follow files should be added, this can include pages like printer friendly pages. Google can penalise for pages that seem the same and decrease your Google visibility.
- Add a sitemap – this displays each part of your site and can also alert Google to fresh content posted on your blog.
- Add custom error 404 pages – User errors such as typos or readers trying to change URL addresses manually rather than clicking on tabs can result in error pages occurring. If a unique and personal 404 error page is created it can be provide the user with a link to a page that does work and keep their presence on your website.
These simple and easily applied factors can optimise your web copy and increase your chance of appearing high on Google’s rankings. Blogs are also an effective way of achieving this and should be regularly updated and are a big commitment, so if you have spent lots of effort and time creating posts it only makes sense to ensure the possibility of them getting read.
Posted by: Stacey Cosens
Posted on: October 17, 2012 3:46 pm
Blogging is becoming an increasingly popular way of interacting for businesses and publishers. Blogging allows personal opinion and a friendly tone as well as opportunity for readers and customers to interact and comment.
Generating new and exciting content is an important tool to gain more exposure in search engine rankings and make you more visible. By interacting with your reader you encourage participation and loyalty as well as debate.
Here are five ways to make your blog more interactive:
- Monitor your blog and respond to comments in a timely fashion. Interacting with the people that comment will give more personality to your brand and push further conversation and interaction. In the case of businesses, it projects good customer service and presents you as a reliable and contactable service.
- Link your content to social media use. Encourage debate and questions among Twitter and Facebook posts and include comments or questions from followers in future blog posts. This allows you to gain a good idea of your demographic and their expectations as well as presenting yourself as a relatable brand.
- Add interactive polls that encourage debate. Polls allow people with limited time to play their part in the conversation and join in. The results will allow you to gather useful information for future blogs and gain an idea of your reader’s opinions.
- Tie your blog posts in with relatable current news. By staying current, you show that you are aware of the latest events and increases your visibility as people search for that news. Google News often includes blog posts within its search results and could help you draw in new readers.
- Include a mix of media such as video, photos and audio. If you have the available resources it can be another way of attracting new readers via links from YouTube and Google Images. Give photos descriptive names and videos straightforward titles and tags. Using video, audio and picture collages give your blog more personality and allow the reader to get a basic idea if they don’t have time to read through all your content.
Blogs can be an extremely effective tool if they are correctly optimised to attract readers, and can considerably increase the visibility of your brand.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: March 10, 2012 9:24 am
With the requirement from search engines on incorporating fresh content to websites in order to gain higher ranking, the incorporation of blogs in corporate sites has become a necessity. Blogs in corporate websites were seen as the solution to the problem on incorporating fresh content, this is why every website may it be a simple business website or an e-commerce site would require a blog, otherwise the website would just be an online flyer with static content. When writing your blog you have to divert from technical style of writing and adopt the magazine type of writing where true and honest reviews and opinions are important in promoting specific products and services. In writing a blog post there are several strategies that SEO companies and SEO consultants have to consider and these are:
1. Always Use Thought Provoking Titles – when creating your blog post make sure that you capture the attention of your readers at the first instance in order for your visitors to continue on reading on your blog post. This is why it is important to create thought provoking title for your blog posts.
2. Augment your Post with Multimedia – you can further explain your post by augmenting it with multimedia features like images, audio, video and flash animation. Apart from augmenting your post this will also help in the aesthetic value of your site as well as helping your readers in remembering your website.
3. Connect your web pages – if your blog post contains keywords that may be related to other pages in your site or to your other posts it would be best to link such keywords to those relevant pages and posts. This is to create a solid link structure in your site as well as to promote the other pages in your site via that blog post.
4. Move your Audience – since you are creating a corporate blog post it would also be best if you include texts that would move your audience to act. This is to promote your site’s products and services which would help you in generating leads and or conversion.
5. Make your Content Unique – although content is preferred by search engines it is important to know that the content that are being preferred by search engines should be unique and original content.
Looking at blogs as a personal weblog is long gone, with the evolution of the algorithm of search engines implying the need for fresh content blogs have evolved into an integral part of every website, this would just prove that search engines are actually giving importance to the content of the website, a matter that SEO consultants and SEO companies should focus in their SEO campaign.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: January 24, 2012 5:00 pm
Hi and welcome to my 1st Blog on SEO Positives new website!
Each week I will be providing you with my digital marketing Top Tips on how your online business can stay ahead of your competitors! We look after some of the biggest clients on the internet, here are a few of them: promocodes.co.uk, luggagesuperstore.co.uk, voijeans.co.uk, partybritain.co.uk and spabreak.co.uk for more examples please see our case studies.
Creating a Blog on your website is an essential part of your online marketing strategy and vital to keep your visitors engaged with news about your business. Your blog is like a newsfeed, so it’s essential to create unique interesting articles which contain links to relevant pages back within your website. If you copy and paste another article and re blog it, remember Google could penalise your site for copied text. As a general rule of thumb only use 1 link per 100 words, this will help Google crawl for keywords associated about your business. A perfect example to see how it’s done is by clicking on the words that are underlined within this article. Remember to update this as much as possible and I would suggest you spend 30 minutes daily doing this task which will benefit your websites online presence massively.
2. XML Sitemap
Your website is like a book, your menu bar is like a contents page so this needs to be clear and simple so that your visitors can navigate around your site and look at pages. You may already have a site map on your website which is like an index page in a book. By creating an XML sitemap which is tailor made especially for Google, allowing it to crawl/read your keywords on all your pages. Please see our website for an excellent example of an XML Sitemap.
3. Google Analytics
Any one that has an online presence for a personal website, small or giant online business should have Google analytics. It’s a vital part of your marketing strategy and its one of the most powerful web analytics tracking solutions that will help you understand customer trends visiting your site. This will help you improve and implement new strategies for customers to purchase or contact you resulting in a conversion. In addition Google Adwords (PPC) customers can even see their Analytics data from inside their Adwords account, plus Google Analytics is free for anyone to use.