SEO Positive understands the importance of optimising your content and ensuring you appear high on Google rankings. There are certain ways to increase the optimisation levels of your copy and this tutorial explores how.
- Add a Meta description – this part appears as a summary on Google rankings. It should be a snippet no more than 150 characters including spaces and should sell the website. It must contain some keywords and be concise and interesting.
- Make sure every Meta description is unique – every blog post should have a unique Meta description about what the certain post is about. This increases SEO presence and alerts Google to new and unique material, which the search engine favours.
- Add non follow links by customising Robot.txt files – for pages that may appear as duplicates non follow files should be added, this can include pages like printer friendly pages. Google can penalise for pages that seem the same and decrease your Google visibility.
- Add a sitemap – this displays each part of your site and can also alert Google to fresh content posted on your blog.
- Add custom error 404 pages – User errors such as typos or readers trying to change URL addresses manually rather than clicking on tabs can result in error pages occurring. If a unique and personal 404 error page is created it can be provide the user with a link to a page that does work and keep their presence on your website.
These simple and easily applied factors can optimise your web copy and increase your chance of appearing high on Google’s rankings. Blogs are also an effective way of achieving this and should be regularly updated and are a big commitment, so if you have spent lots of effort and time creating posts it only makes sense to ensure the possibility of them getting read.