In the wake of the recent Panda 3.9 update, many recovery strategies have focused on social media marketing, and with semantic search incorporating more social media content in its search results, it definitely seems as though this is an effective response. However, many of those who have set up a number of profiles and post from these regularly are simply going through the motions. In order for your campaign to be of real success, it is necessary to pay attention to each post and explore ways in which these can be improved.
1. Vary the lengths of your updates. Including a variety of different posts will be more likely to interest your users. Integrating longer more informative posts with sharper attention grabbing news makes for better entertainment, and this should be one of the primary focuses of your social media pages.
2. Don’t be afraid to include your keywords and links within your updates, after all your social media marketing should support your SEO campaign. Not only will links encourage your users towards your site, but with Google displaying more social media content within its search results, you could be doing wonders for your site’s SERPs.
3. Don’t always go for the hard sell. Whilst social profiles offer a great opportunity to promote your company within a relaxed environment, taking a break for advertising and concentrating on providing your readers with news, articles or stories they will find interesting or amusing will be well received, thus forming stronger relationships. This approach will also serve to make your promotional updates more effective.
4. Choose your subject wisely. Look for the latest industry news to see if you could time a post around something current. Google News is a great way to search for topics which are most likely to spur a reaction, and of course engagement and reaction are two of the key benefits from social media.
5. Finally, but arguably most importantly, think about your timing. Sometimes the difference between a well-received post and one that gets ignored lies purely in when it is posted. A little research into the best times to post updates for your audience goes a long way. Think about when people use the internet, posting in the evenings and weekends means your content is more likely to get seen by more people. It is also important to make sure your updates are well spread out.