Google Adwords automated rules is the feature which allows you to make automated changes on you Adwords account based on criteria you specify. You can specify these rules for campaign, ad group and keyword level:
- Changing daily budget;
- Pause / Enable Campaigns;
- Pause Keywords;
- Change Max CPC;
- Raise Bids To First Page Bids;
- Pause/Enable Ads;
- Pause/Enable Ad Groups;
- Change Ad Group default max.
- (Full list of all available rules can be found here)
How to start
1. Select the campaigns, ad groups or keywords you want to create automated rules.
2. Then click on the button named as “Automate” and select the rule you want to create.
3. Then you will see a window with a various settings for new rule creation. Settings will vary on the rule you selected. (Please note that the image provided below is only the example for the rule which will change daily budget)
You have to make sure that you click on the “Preview Results” before you save.
It is important thing to review automated rules logs periodically and monitor what automated changes has been made for your account.