Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 29, 2012 1:32 pm
It is no doubt that in the world of online marketing and social media, Facebook, has proven to be the top social media platform of choice for purposes of creating social connections or business connections. Through Facebook page system business owners can create Facebook Pages that may allow owners to create their community based on their chosen niche. When your Facebook page is on its infancy stage there might not be much activity in your page, however if you promote your page properly “likes” would come in and you will soon discover that your community is already growing. If you reach the point where your posts would already become viral, you would then experience a lot of activity in your web page and because it is in the nature of every social media platform to create interaction between and among the site members then you might later on receive a lot of queries that needs to be answered, not to mention posting regular updates and photos in your Facebook page. Doing all these things could really prove to be tedious however doing it right will make it all worthwhile because it will allow you to build your reputation to the community that you have built and of course it would attract more visitors to your Facebook page. To do it properly you might find the following to be useful guidelines:
1. Quick response – the purpose of social media is to facilitate communication and since your Facebook page is part of the social media platform your clients or fans would expect quick responses about their queries, do not let the day pass without answering their queries. If you think you cannot be online for a considerable amount of time, posting a notice on your fan page wall would suffice to warn your clients who would be asking their queries, to not expect any quick responses due to the reasons that you have stated.
2. Moderate Interaction – there may be some members of your fan page that may abuse their privileges as members of your community. Some might spam other members or some may enter into altercations with other members of your page. If this happens it is within your right as an administrator to moderate the information flowing in your group wall, you can delete posts and remove members who are found to be abusing their privileges.
3. Be an Authority – when posting answers to queries of your fan in your fan page it would be best if you answer the questions with the right resource, you need to be an authority of your fan page, it is your role as an administrator to give only correct and accurate information.
In Facebook management, you have to remember that your fans are what would keep your page alive so interaction should keep on flowing, however do not forget your role as the page administrator by performing proper Facebook management strategies you will not only keep your members in your page but also convince more members to join your Facebook fan page.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 28, 2012 1:55 pm
1. Browse in private – every web browser has their own private browsing option, for some browsers it is the incognito mode. With private browsing your browser will not retain any data pertaining to searches, browsed websites, it would even remove the browser history in order to protect your privacy.
2. Deactivate your Google Web Data History – the Google web data history stores your searches and the websites that you have visited, this is different from your web browser history as the data is stored online. You can choose to deactivate this in order for Google not to gather cookies from your browser and that your searches may not be stored online. To disable the Web Data History login to your Google account and go to your Account Settings from there you could empty or choose to deactivate such feature.
3. Clear Your Browser History – of course we know that browsers can store data as to the different sites that you have visited including site cookies, passwords and usernames. To prevent “accidental” display of these data online you have to clear your browser history regularly. Make sure that you do this on a regular basis if you do not want your privacy to be exposed.
These steps would help you in making sure that your privacy is protected, in an extreme case of course you can choose to close your account with Google or not register with them at all, however, for users of Google they could attest to the fact that up to this point their privacy have been protected and we still believe that Google will not compromise the privacy of their bread and butter, the only time when users are compromised is when accounts are hacked by unscrupulous people. Whatever the privacy changes may be one thing is clear no company would like to injure or compromise the safety and security of its clients and in this case it would be Google’s millions of users.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 27, 2012 1:11 pm
The bread and butter of every website do not lie in the website’s design but rather it is on how the website is marketed or promoted to the millions of internet users worldwide. Proper online promotion can be achieved through various ways such as PPC, Advertising and Search engine optimisation. The SEO process is said to be the cheapest among the different online promotion processes. However, in all promotion processes it requires some sort of investments and in SEO the investment is more on time rather than financial. Time is an investment in SEO because of the fact that you have to use the time to learn and update yourself in the current SEO trends as well as implementing such SEO strategies learned. Another important aspect to remember in SEO is that search engines constantly update their algorithm in order to prevent abusive strategies that may compromise the accuracy of the results given by the search engines to its users. This is why it is important that you have to update yourselves with regards to the different trends in SEO. There are several ways on how you can update yourself with the current SEO trends among them are the following:
1. Subscribe to reliable SEO News websites – yes, there are websites dedicated to informing the SEO community on the current news about search engine optimisation. By joining and subscribing to these sites’ feeds you will be able to receive up-to-date news regarding search engine optimisation.
2. Join Online Marketing Forums – join forums that are focused on discussing trends in search engine optimisation. By using the forums you could gain knowledge about SEO from the perspective of actual people who have implemented different SEO strategies. You will be surprised by the huge number of people who are willing to help people who are having difficulties in implementing their SEO campaign, you would also see SEO consultants who would use the forum to publish their case studies for which are very valuable information.
3. Join the SEO Social Media Community – join others who are of the same interests as you have, that is, SEO, through the social media platform. Joining the social media pages dedicated to SEO will allow you to get fresh and newest updates in the world of SEO.
Staying current means staying fresh which also means implementing such fresh SEO techniques would be favorable in the eyes of the search engines, and if it works in your favor it means that you will be getting a respectable search engine results page ranking for your chosen keywords.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 26, 2012 3:26 pm
With the evolution of the internet technology comes the evolution in the field of search engine optimisation. Of course we still recognise the fact that SEO strategies before may still work at present time, however such evolution like the introduction of social media platforms requires every SEO company and SEO consultants to try and find a way on how they could use such platform in order to gain the traffic and the page ranking that their target websites need. Another platform is becoming very popular via the internet and this is the video sharing networks. The launching of YouTube forever changed on how people would share and view videos. This is another area that every SEO companies and SEO consultants are looking at, that is on how to conduct video SEO. Just like Social Media Optimisation, Video SEO also can generate a potentially large amount of traffic thus the importance of tapping into this traffic source. The following are some tips that may help start you in developing your video seo strategy.
1. Conduct Keyword Research – no surprise here, in every strategy, targeting the best keyword would bring in your much needed traffic, this is why it is important to know which of the keywords would you be targeting and gain ranking from. In choosing the keywords as much as possible this would be relevant with your websites’ main keywords and relevant with videos.
2. Share your videos – if you have a company video promotion that you can share do it not only in YouTube but also in other video sharing sites like Vimeo among others. Submitting or uploading the videos in multiple video sharing sites will give you more avenue to incorporate your links and the higher possibility for you to gain more audience and traffic.
3. Motivate others to Share – your video must be informative or intriguing enough in order for you to be able to motivate your audience to share the video. Motivating your viewers to share the video could cause a viral effect allowing you to reach an exponential number of potential traffic.
Above all else remember that people would only watch videos that are relevant, entertaining or informative, thus just like in writing a content your video should also be of high quality in order to conduct a successful video seo campaign, otherwise your efforts in creating the video would just be put to waste. Therefore, it is important to remember when you create your video promotion quality is of the highest priority.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 25, 2012 3:56 pm
Many SEO companies and SEO consultants often overlook the fact that on-page optimisation is also necessary in every SEO campaign. In fact, on-page optimisation is deemed to be the first part of every SEO campaign. This is because of the fact that on-page optimisation focuses on the structure of your website, structure in the sense that it focuses on whether or not your websites’ structure is SEO friendly. The on-page optimisation process establishes how search engines should crawl your website, further on-page optimisation will allow you to specify the keywords which you are trying to rank for. In other words, on-page optimisation will define how you want search engines would recognise your website and rank it accordingly. The following are some tips that will help you develop your on-page optimisation campaign:
1. Identify your keywords – just like any other SEO campaign conducting keyword research is also an important aspect of on-page optimisation, in fact, keyword research is a standard process that every SEO company and SEO consultants are practicing. Keyword research is imperative as it sets the base on the number of potential clients or traffic going to your website.
2. Choose a domain name with your keyword in it – of course when buying your own domain name you would rather use your personal name or any domain name based on your choice. However, domain names are now becoming an important aspect for search engines. This is why it would be a good idea to use one of your chosen keywords to be incorporated in the domain name that you will be registering.
3. Add your title – whenever you update your website with a new page or a new post it is imperative that you add your title on your webpage. Accomplishing this would give search engines an idea on what would be your targeted keywords for that particular site.
These are just some of the on-page optimisation tips that actually works, there are more and discovering them would make your success in the field of SEO instantaneous.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 24, 2012 2:03 pm
Gaining traffic to your website is one of the hurdles that you have to overcome when the starting a website. As we all know traffic means revenue, the more traffic you have the more revenue you could get from your website. For those who are just starting their website gaining traffic means a lot of SEO work, which means a large investment in online marketing, an investment of either time or money. Time investment is needed if you would like to do the SEO work yourself which means you have to learn the intricate process that is search engine optimisation. Financial investment is necessary if you would like to hire an SEO company or an SEO consultant. Another recourse however is to advertise your website or product through the process known as pay per click, this process requires not extensive learning curve however it entails controlled financial investment, controlled because of the fact that you specify your budget for the advertisement. The following are some tips for those starting out in Pay Per Click:
Conduct Keyword Research – pay per click works around the keyword that you have chosen the problem is some keywords do not gain you traffic and if such keywords are not viable for traffic then you will not gain a considerable amount of revenue. This is why some companies such as Google provides in their potential advertisers a keyword research tool that would help them in locating keywords that would definitely bring in traffic.
Do not Limit Yourself to one Advertising Agency – this simply means that you do not have to put all your eggs in one basket, diversify your ad platform. Choose the best advertising platforms that would give you the best exposure, some platforms that has been tested to be valuable are Google’s adwords, Facebook Ads and Microsoft’s Adcenter.
Expand to Mobile Advertising – with smartphones gaining popularity it is a good idea to start advertising on mobile platforms, as projected millions of users will be using mobile platforms for browsing the internet and gaining exposure through mobile ads would definitely help in your product’s of websites’ exposure.
Include Image advertisements – of course text ads may be cheaper but ads with images could definitely capture the attention of potential clients thus if you have allotted sufficient budget for your pay per click campaign then it would be best to include image advertisements.
With Pay per Click you would only focus on your PPC campaign in order to gain traffic however it is still a process that requires research, time and money.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 23, 2012 3:06 pm
When Google introduced its Google Panda algorithm a lot of companies that depended on spinned or rewritten articles saw their rankings plummet to the ground. This alarmed a lot of SEO companies and SEO consultants because of the fact that finally a search engine is now able to detect the quality of the websites’ content and giving more weight to such rather than the quantity of the sites’ content, keywords and links. This prompted the emergence of the importance of content developers for websites, since Google requires quality content rather than quantity content developers had to come in and develop unique, original and seo-effective website contents. Not everybody can write however with the following tips you could be well on your way to writing an SEO-effective article.
1. Create a mind-map on the topic you want to write about – when writing an article you should first determine how your article’s logic should flow, create a simple blueprint of your articles’ logical flow of information which is also called a mind map. This way you will be able to develop a well-thought of article one that gives information and is easily understood by your readers, remember quality content means conveying your message correctly to your readers.
2. Conduct a Keyword Research – although we want to produce well-written content we would also want to make our content to be SEO friendly. This is why we should conduct keyword research with regards to the topic that we would like to write about. Use the common keyword tools such as google adwords keyword tool in order to find the most viable keywords relevant to your contents’ topic.
3. Use your Chosen Keyword Properly – of course after researching we need to incorporate the keywords that we have chosen, in doing so however, we should use the keywords correctly in the article. This means when conducting the process of article writing, the keywords must be inserted when it is needed to correctly convey the message and not just by inserting the keywords which may make the article gibberish.
4. Write the Article Using Correct Grammar – quality for search engines also means that the article is logical and is written in correct grammar. Make sure that your article does not sound gibberish and it would really convey the message across your readers.
Quality in content is indeed important in every website as Google and other search engines improve their algorithm to return only the most relevant websites from user’s search.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 22, 2012 2:24 pm
In the world of online marketing, many SEO companies and SEO consultants consider landing pages as one of the most effective strategy since these types of pages allows online marketers to convince visitors to avail of the services or products that your site is offering. Landing page is basically defined as the web page that your site visitors would first see after clicking a link into your website. Since this is the first page that you would be providing to your website visitors then it is your first and maybe only chance for you to convince your visitors to avail of your products, services or at least subscribe to your website. Creating landing pages might seem to be an easy work however it actually entails a lot of elements especially if you want to make your landing page effective. Landing page optimisation is very important in order to convince your traffic to convert to your clients. How do we create an efficient landing page? Here are some tips:
1. Do not Clutter your Landing Page – of course you only have one page to convince your potential clients however cluttering the landing page with too much call to action and images may only confuse your clients. Keep your design simple and your message straight to the point, avoid confusing your site visitors.
2. Include a Call to Action Statement – above anything else a call to action message should be present in your landing page. Advertising psychology reveals that a call to action message is an effective way of convincing potential clients to avail of the sellers’ product or services.
Landing pages are not developed overnight, it requires continuous tweaks in order to discern what would work and what wouldn’t work. So keep on testing your landing page and keep on working on your landing page optimisation techniques.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 21, 2012 1:46 pm
The internet is a vast source of information where practically anybody can just create a website, post a blog or comment on an online topic. The introduction of social media hastened the flow of information which is both in effect beneficial as well as detrimental to any business or personalities. The efficient flow of information brought about by social media is beneficial because of the fact that information dissemination is made easy with just a click of a button people can already share information, so if your company have just released a new product line you could spread the information like wildfire via the social media sites. On the other hand having ease in information dissemination may also be detrimental because false information or information that may degrade the integrity of your company may also be easily shared. It is because of these negative effects that companies or businesses both online or offline should manage their online reputation. One of the questions that may be lingering into your mind is how does one manage their online reputation? The following are some ways for you to manage your online reputation:
- Build an Online Community for your Company – customer satisfaction is imperative, the very reason why clients besmirch the integrity of a company is because of the fact that they are not satisfied with the product, service or the company’s way of handling customer complaints. Building an online community is easy, create a forum in your website where you or your company agents can answer customer queries. Further, you can tap the power of social media in order to answer client queries and complaints, for quick responses you can even install chat functionality where you can answer urgent client queries and complaints in real time. This way you are building a community of clients who are satisfied with the kind of customer care that you provide.
- Track Major Complaint or Review Websites – believe it or not there are websites dedicated to post client complaints on various brands, products and or companies. The scope of these complaint and review sites is worldwide so imagine the impact if your business is given a poor review or is subject to a harsh complaint. Since people can mask their true identity you might have a hard time in knowing who these culprits are. The best thing to do is to monitor these sites for any complaints and reviews and if such complaints are true then act upon the problem and inform the complainant that you have resolved such problem, doing this might even help your site or business gain good reviews.
- Make your Company Present – make your company known, its goals, missions and objectives. This way you could give an impression on what your company is all about. How do make our company present? This can be done by joining events in your locality, submitting press releases to major press release websites and also by conducting search engine optimisation on your website and be ranked by search engines in page one of their search engine results page.
Indeed the managing your online reputation is imperative especially so that companies are vulnerable to online attacks that may taint company reputation. It is also advisable for a company with no experience in online reputation management to hire an SEO company or SEO consultant that provides online reputation management services.
Posted by: Ben Austin
Posted on: February 20, 2012 11:29 am
When Google released their Google Panda algorithm a lot of companies that are marketing their business online including SEO Companies and SEO consultants have been affected. We saw a lot of websites that were previously in page one of Google and later on finding themselves to be at page 2 or a lower search engine results page ranking. Google Panda took the search game by surprise as many large online companies suffered the algorithm change. Of course a drop in the search engine results page ranking would also mean a drop in revenue as competitors may have taken the higher rank. This is why a lot of SEO companies and SEO consultants scrambled to fix their implemented SEO campaign, and in doing so several truths about the Google Panda was revealed thus opening the doors to improving SEO techniques as well as introducing new ones. The following are some techniques that may help you in your campaign restoring or ranking high in Google after the Panda Algorithm update:
- Focus on Traffic Source Diversity – although Google is one of your target search engine where you aim to gain your website’s traffic from it is imperative to diversify your traffic sources. Take into consideration gaining traffic from social media networks, blog sites, forums and social bookmarks. This strategy is necessary in order for your website to still take in traffic after an algorithm change by the search engines especially that of Google.
- Incorporate a Social Media Campaign – Google has released its own social media the Google +, they also released Google’s version of the “like” button known as plus one and incorporating social media promotion as well as integrating plus one buttons in your website would be beneficial as such are considered to be ranking factors for Google’s new algorithm. Apart from that, promoting your website via Twitter, Facebook, Google + and other social media networks would assure you that you will be promoting your site to real people targeting specific niches and capturing your desired audience.
- Content Must be Fresh and of High Quality – first we must define what is “fresh” and “high quality”. A fresh content is something that is current, therefore there is a need to regularly post to your website of in order to make your websites content to be fresh. High quality on the other hand means that your content must be unique, well-written, must be grammatically correct, of correct spelling and of course it must be informative. This means therefore that your content must be regularly posted on to your website as well as it must be a content that is written for the reader and not the search engine this means the content should be informative, relevant, original and worth reading.
Indeed Google has redefined the world of search, by making the contents of a website to be as close to relevant as possible or accurately relevant, we might see the end of poor, generated and unoriginal content, making the role of content developers for websites to be a lot more important.